This workout can be done at the gym or at home. Listen to your body and make modifications as needed. The reps may be increased or decreased to meet your current physical ability. As your body becomes conditioned and stronger, you will be able to do more reps and sets. A set is the completion of all 10 exercises. Begin with 4 sets with 2 minutes rest in between. Stay hydrated. Don’t give up!
1) Run 5 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical. Run in place if at home. (This serves as warm up in the first set.) Walk if you need to.
2) 25 jumping jacks
3) 25 squats
4) 15 push-ups
5) 50 bicycle crunches
6) 20 lunges each leg
7) 20 bicep curls with weights (biceps are considered a big muscle so you can use a heavier weight).
8) 20 overhead tricep extensions with weights
9) 20 overhead presses with weights
10) Jump rope or on a mini trampoline for 2 minutes. If you don’t have a rope or trampoline, jump in place as if jumping rope.
Cool down at the completion of all sets by walking in place or on the treadmill for 10 minutes.
Stretch after you cool down.
Don’t give up! It’s okay if you cannot do 4 sets in the beginning. Do as many as you can.
Your body may rebel at first but push it and it will respond. Remember to stay hydrated and focus on the goal you are trying to attain. The exercise will get easier as your body gets used to it.